Tactical Ops is jam-packed with new game modes, challenges and rewards. We've broken down everything you need to know about the new event.
Halo Infinite Tactical Ops Game Modes
The Tactical Ops playlist gives Spartans the chance to experience old-school Tactical gameplay. This means no grenades, shields, radars, or battle rifles; replicating more hardcore-style gameplay.
The playlist will mix things up in the forthcoming weeks by offering variations that restrict players to using certain weapons:
- Tactical Slayer
- Tactical Slayer Commandos
- Tactical Slayer Sidekicks
- Tactical Slayer Stalker Rifles
- Tactical Slayer Manglers
Halo Infinite Tactical Ops Challenges
Tactical Ops has a range of challenges that are exclusive to the playlist. However, it's important to note that only objectives attached to an orange star banner will count towards progressing players towards event rewards.
Complete challenges with these specific banners in order to gain XP that contributes towards achieving Tactical Ops' rewards.
There are several challenges that exist in different variations:
- Kill enemy Spartans with the Mangler in Tactical Slayer
- Complete Tactical Slayer matches
- Earn distinct Killing Sprees in Tactical Slayer
- Kill enemy Spartans with the Sidekick pistol in Tactical Slayer
- Kill enemy Spartans with the Battle Rifle in Tactical Slayer
- Kill three enemy Spartans in rapid succession in Tactical Slayer
- Kill enemy Spartans with a melee attack in Tactical Slayer
Halo Infinite Tactical Ops Rewards
Consisting of a multitude of skins, emblems and helmets, ten different rewards can be unlocked throughout the duration of the Tactical Ops event:
- Level 1 – Claw Patrol armour skin
- Level 2 – Phalanx visor pattern
- Level 3 – Emile charm
- Level 4 – Lone Wolf emblem
- Level 5 – Mark V Zeta helmet
- Level 6 – TAC/AHD Type 3ZY chest piece
- Level 7 – MAT-2550/Grenade Pack leg attachment
- Level 8 – Tigris glove
- Level 9 – Scorpion Punch coating
- Level 10 – UA/Mauros visor/helmet attachment