If you’re starting a whole new adventure of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, you’ll have to pick a difficulty option to carry you through the entire campaign. But which difficulty should you choose? We’ll lay out the best options for you below, as well as how to change the difficulty during your game later on.
Read More: All Collectibles in Rift Apart and Where to Find Them
Which Difficulty to Choose in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Of all the difficulty options to choose between in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, we find it very much depends on what kind of experience you’re looking to get from the game. We’ve laid out all the difficulty options below and what you can expect from them.
- Rookie Explorer: The same as Rookie Recruit, but the player cannot be killed in combat, only in the platforming challenges.
- Rookie Recruit: An easier mode, used for those who are new to games or want to ensure a relatively painless experience.
- Rebel Agent: A moderately balanced mode, for those with some gaming experience.
- Resistance Leader: A tougher mode, for experienced players who want a challenge.
- Renegade Legend: The toughest mode, where players will have to be incredibly skilled to make it to the end.
If you’re looking for the best difficulty option, it clearly depends on what you want from the game. We suggest that the majority of players will either want to pick Rebel Agent - which we found to be somewhat challenging, if a little on the easy side. Alternatively, go up to Resistance Leader if you feel like a more stalwart challenge.
However, there’s no wrong option here, as the game doesn’t penalise anybody for their choices. You can also adjust certain difficulty elements by finding Gold Bolts that unlock cheats, such as infinite health and ammo.
How to Change Difficulty in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
You can change difficulty at any point in the game by pausing and going into the settings menu, where you can cycle through all the difficulty options. Again, there’s no penalty for this, so if you want to make the game easier or harder, just pause and adjust it either way at any time.
Go into the game knowing as much as possible! Check out how to beat the game’s first boss fight right here, or find out how to farm bolts as effectively as possible here!
This article was updated on 6th of December by Kelsey Raynor.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Ratchet & Clank and Guides page.